After installing jedi-vim earlier this year and just using it's default settings I finally made some time today to figure out a couple issues that I have been missing. All that meant was taking a few minutes to read the docs.
What I've been wanting the most is for an autocomplete list to appear when I
.. According to the docs that should be automatically enabled by
default but for some reason I needed to explicitly enable the feature by
let g:jedi#popup_on_dot = 1 in the vim config.
The other command that I found in the docs that could be really nice is the
rename command which by default can be triggered by
<leader>r. When testing
this command out it tells you how many instances were changed and seemed to work
as expected. I will try to remember this command in the future as my current
method of doing the same is a bit more clunky and relies an
ag to find all
references first and then I typically rename manually. This does have the
advantage of seeing what is being changed but I can see many use cases of
running a quick rename command and checking the git diff to make sure it worked